Welcome to FITech 101: Blockchain Business Applications course! This is a 1 ECTS credits university course, provided by FITech and Aalto University.
This course provides you with a basic understanding of what blockchain is and how blockchain could be deployed in the business.
Course basic information:
- Teacher: Assistant professor Vikash Kumar Sinha, Aalto University School of Business (email@example.com)
- Category: ICT Studies
- Topic: Blockchain
- Course code: CS-AJ0100 FITech 101
- Credits: 1 ECTS
- Workload: Maximum 27 hours
- Price: 0 €
After the course, you will have the ability to
- Understand the basics of blockchain, its business ecosystem and business models (especially initial coin offerings, security tokens, smart contracts, and private Distributed Ledger Technology based systems)
- Recognize the role of blockchain and its potential application in business transformations
- Identify challenges related to the deployment of blockchain
- Understand the ethical and environmental considerations of deploying blockchain solutions
To complete the course:
- Study all the seven modules. In each module, the content is presented in the form of a video (7 videos).
- Pass the quizzes after each module (7 pieces). You can see your progress of passed modules in the progress bar or content listing on this page.
- To pass a quiz, 60 % of answers have to be correct. You can retake the quizzes, if you fail.
- To apply for the credits via Studyinfo (Opintopolku) you need to pass all the quizzes.
General prerequisites: Pre-watching of two videos in the orientation module are recommended before starting the course.